Agricultural Engineering Expertise
The agricultural experience of our engineers in the Miller Engineering firm allow us to act as experts in many of the warning, labeling, toxic material, vehicular accidents, animal safety, and other types of issues and incidents confronted in agricultural operations. We can assist with everything from agricultural accident analysis to systems design from simple individual pieces of equipment to complicated automatic irrigation and hydroelectric systems. Our extensive, multifaceted experience has allowed us to successfully resolve numerous challenges for our clients.
On staff we also have a licensed applicator for herbicides, fertilizer, pesticides, insecticides, and restricted use chemicals. Below are examples of areas we have provided agricultural engineering expertise:
- Agricultural Safety Engineering
- Tractor, Farm Implement, and Harvesting Safety
- Dairy and Food Processing Safety and Health
- Machine Guarding, Entrapment, & Entanglement
- Farm Tools, Vehicles, Equipment, and Machinery
- Tractor Overturns/Rollovers
- Irrigation & Hydroelectric Power Systems
- All-Terrain Vehicle (ATV) Usage
- Farm Accident Analysis/Reconstruction
- Hay, Crop and Grain Harvesting Accidents
- Grain and Crop Conveyor and Elevator Storage and Accidents
- Horse (Equine) and Cattle (Bovine) Accidents
- Agricultural Chemical Safety, Applications, and Exposure
- Pesticide Use, Compliance, Disposal, and Contamination
- Licensed Restricted Use and Chemigation Applicators
- Construction Safety, Training, and Accidents (29 CFR 1926)
- Building Materials
- Building Codes
Our Working Farms and Ranches
Besides our professional engineering practice, we manage over 1,000 acres of ranch, farm and timberlands in Idaho and Oregon, as well as our hydroelectric power plant on the Snake River. We have operating on these properties the usual pieces on farm equipment: tractors, swathers, balers, rakes, planters, harvesters, tilling equipment, backhoes, skid steers, and ATV’s. Crops produced include potatoes, alfalfa, sugar beets, barley for Coors and Budweiser, winter wheat, beans, carrots, and three types of corn: sweet, field, and silage corn. The ranch is also home to 300 registered black angus cattle.
These properties are available for various test or demonstration purposes of crops and equipment, and they are available for use by clients. We also use our contacts with our many local farmers to gather data about the equipment they buy and use. We are happy to make this connection to our farms available.