Construction Accident Investigations
By nature, construction work routinely involves hazardous conditions. Requiring close supervisory oversight of adherence to safe work practices and maintenance programs, a failure in management can lead to accidents resulting from code violations, equipment failures, unsafe work procedures, or a combination of such factors. From initial site inspections through final expert witness testimonies, you can trust our experienced professionals to deliver a clear and thorough analysis.
Miller Engineering has investigated construction accidents that include one or more of the following components:
- Vehicle Accidents
- Machinery Accidents and Equipment Failures
- Slips, Trips, and Falls
- Ladder Accidents
- Falling Objects and Debris
- Trench or Building Collapses
- Human Factors
- Cumulative Trauma Disorders (CTDs), also known as Repetitive Stress/Strain Injuries (RSIs), Repetitive Motion Disorders (RMDs), or Occupational Overuse Syndrome (OOS)
- Fires & Explosions
- Safe and Effective Usage and Design of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Electrical Accidents or Electrocutions
Construction Accident Project Examples
Ladder Accidents and Falls
Ladder accidents and falls are among the most common incidents that take place on construction sites. Miller Engineering has helped investigate and resolve hundreds of these cases.
In one case, Miller Engineering investigated an extension ladder accident that resulted in serious injury. After analyzing the statements and carefully inspecting the damage to the subject ladder, we determined that the accident had been caused by inadequate shoe gripping or by a flylock failure. Both hypotheses reflected potential design defects in this particular ladder.