Construction Accident Investigations
By nature, construction work routinely involves very hazardous conditions. Existing at the intersection of workplace safety and mechanical engineering, construction accidents combine several of Miller Engineering’s areas of expertise. We have a wealth of knowledge and experience that enables us to interpret the evidence, conduct the appropriate tests, and institute the necessary safety precautions in an efficient and reliable manner. From initial site inspections through final expert witness testimonies, you can trust our professionals to deliver clear and thorough results.
Miller Engineering frequently investigates construction accidents that include one or more of the following components:
- Vehicle Accidents
- Machinery Accidents and Equipment Failures
- Slips, Trips, and Falls
- Ladder Accidents
- Falling Objects and Debris
- Trench or Building Collapses
- Human Factors
- Cumulative Trauma Disorders (CTDs), also known as Repetitive Stress/Strain Injuries (RSIs), Repetitive Motion Disorders (RMDs), or Occupational Overuse Syndrome (OOS)
- Fires & Explosions
- Safe and Effective Usage and Design of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Electrical Accidents or Electrocutions
Construction Accident Project Examples
Ladder Accidents and Falls
Ladder accidents and falls are among the most common incidents that take place on construction sites. Miller Engineering has helped investigate and resolve hundreds of these cases.
In one case, Miller Engineering investigated an extension ladder accident that resulted in serious injury. After analyzing the statements and carefully inspecting the damage to the subject ladder, we determined that the accident had been caused by inadequate shoe gripping or by a flylock failure. Both hypotheses reflected potential design defects in this particular ladder.